Custody and time-sharing rights can be modified in Florida in a couple of different ways, one of which requires the agreement of both of the parties. If the circumstances between the parties or the circumstances involving the children have changed, oftentimes the parties can come to an agreement with regards to what should happen with time sharing and custody.

In other times, both parties cannot agree and the matter must be submitted to the judge for a decision. That decision is often based off of whether or not there’s been a substantial change in the circumstances of the parties since the entry of the original judgment which awarded the custody situation. If that situation has changed enough and there’s enough of a justification, then the courts may modify at that point.

Got additional questions or need Legal Advice in Panama City, Florida?

If you have a legal issue and would like to speak with Attorney Albritton or one of the firm’s other trial lawyers, contact us today to schedule an appointment to sit down and discuss it.

Albritton Law Firm | 23 Harrison Avenue | Panama City, FL 32401 | Phone: | (850)215-0200