Under Florida law, grandparents have no custodial rights or right to have child support awarded. However, in certain circumstances if they’ve been appointed as guardians for their grandchildren or if the custody has been voluntarily relinquished by both parents to the grandparents, at that point, they will be placed in the position of the parents and could, in fact, as for child support. But those are quite limited circumstances and it’s not the typical case that we see in Florida.

Got additional questions or need Legal Advice in Panama City, Florida?

If you have a legal issue and would like to speak with Attorney Albritton or one of the firm’s other trial lawyers, contact us today to schedule an appointment to sit down and discuss it.

Albritton Law Firm | 23 Harrison Avenue | Panama City, FL 32401 | Phone: | (850)215-0200