Generally now, we get that question a lot in criminal cases. “Can you just come and argue my motion to reduce bond,” or, “Can you just come argue a motion to suppress,” or just the motion to dismiss. There’s no rule of procedure that allows an attorney to sign on for just a part of a criminal case.

Family law cases are different. Family law rules of procedure do allow for limited appearances by attorneys. Say for instance, a person has already filed all the divorce paperwork to initiate the case, but they just want an attorney to come give them legal advice during, say, a mediation. You could hire an attorney just for the mediation in family law cases.

That’s only true for family law cases. They have specific rules of procedure that allow for that, not like in criminal cases, where there are no rules of procedure that would permit that.

Got additional questions or need Legal Advice in Panama City, Florida?

If you have a legal issue and would like to speak with Attorney Albritton or one of the firm’s other trial lawyers, contact us today to schedule an appointment to sit down and discuss it.

Albritton Law Firm | 23 Harrison Avenue | Panama City, FL 32401 | Phone: | (850)215-0200