First, DCF is going to have to file a document with the court stating why they took your children, and you’ll go to a hearing on that. Later they will decide whether or not they’re going to file another document alleging that the child’s dependent on the state and in need of services. Dependency law can be very complex and it can be very difficult to maneuver, and in this particular area of law, I would say the very first thing you should do is to try and contact an attorney and consult with an attorney to try and get them on your case and working it as soon as possible.

Got additional questions or need Legal Advice in Panama City, Florida?

If you have a legal issue and would like to speak with Attorney Albritton or one of the firm’s other trial lawyers, contact us today to schedule an appointment to sit down and discuss it.

Albritton Law Firm | 23 Harrison Avenue | Panama City, FL 32401 | Phone: | (850)215-0200