In Florida, child support can be modified in a couple of different ways. If it was originally ordered as a result of the court hearing evidence and then making a decision about what the amount ought to be, then the court’s going to have to be presented with a request to change the amount. That amount would be changed if there could be shown a substantial change in the circumstances of the party. Say one party got a raise or the other party lost their job or something along those lines that was not contemplated at the time of the original order. Now, if the amount of child support was the result of an agreement, if both parties can then agree to a different amount, then that will be adopted by the court and then entered as a new order.

However, child support calculations are never an easy thing, and oftentimes if there’s a question about this, you should consult an attorney, and they can help you decide whether or not it’s something that you should pursue.

Got additional questions or need Legal Advice in Panama City, Florida?

If you have a legal issue and would like to speak with Attorney Albritton or one of the firm’s other trial lawyers, contact us today to schedule an appointment to sit down and discuss it.

Albritton Law Firm | 23 Harrison Avenue | Panama City, FL 32401 | Phone: | (850)215-0200