In Florida, to increase child support requires a request to modify it. You can either modify it through an agreement of the parties, if the other party has received a significant promotion at work or just changed careers and has gotten a lot better in a financial way. Then, you can approach that party and attempt a contract around it, or you can approach the court if you can show the court that there’s been a significant change in the financial circumstances of the parties. Or, if there’s been a significant change in the amount of time that the parties are spending with the minor child, then at that point, you can request that the court modify child support. Once again, however, these are complex issues, and it’s best handled by an attorney. If you feel like this is an appropriate area that you want to pursue, definitely contact an attorney.

Got additional questions or need Legal Advice in Panama City, Florida?

If you have a legal issue and would like to speak with Attorney Albritton or one of the firm’s other trial lawyers, contact us today to schedule an appointment to sit down and discuss it.

Albritton Law Firm | 23 Harrison Avenue | Panama City, FL 32401 | Phone: | (850)215-0200