The landlord cannot commence a nonpayment proceeding against the tenant. However, the landlord if the tenant breaches some other clause of the lease besides the payment of rent, then yes, they can commence what’s called a holdover proceeding.

Got additional questions or need Legal Advice in Panama City, Florida?

If you have a legal issue and would like to speak with Attorney Albritton or one of the firm’s other trial lawyers, contact us today to schedule an appointment to sit down and discuss it.

Albritton Law Firm | 23 Harrison Avenue | Panama City, FL 32401 | Phone: | (850)215-0200