In Florida, visitation, or time sharing, as we call it in child support payments, are two entirely separate issues. They’re ordered for separate reasons. So if one spouse doesn’t pay child support, it does not entitle the other spouse at that point to withhold time sharing or visitation with their children. The failure to pay child support can be pursued in court, and it can be enforced. However, it is not up to that parent to interpret this in a way that would allow them to deny visits, again, very separate issues.

Got additional questions or need Legal Advice in Panama City, Florida?

If you have a legal issue and would like to speak with Attorney Albritton or one of the firm’s other trial lawyers, contact us today to schedule an appointment to sit down and discuss it.

Albritton Law Firm | 23 Harrison Avenue | Panama City, FL 32401 | Phone: | (850)215-0200