Within the petition for dissolution of marriage, you can make the court aware of what your safety concerns are for the child and ask the court to order a supervised parenting plan or a safety-focused parenting plan, where the court might impose tasks such as drug testing or counseling or have supervised visits with that other parent. Another option is that you might be able to file a dependency petition and attempt to prove that the child is in need of state services when the child is in the other person’s care. In that case, you might get DCF involved and have eyes on that child as well when they’re in the other parent’s care.

Got additional questions or need Legal Advice in Panama City, Florida?

If you have a legal issue and would like to speak with Attorney Albritton or one of the firm’s other trial lawyers, contact us today to schedule an appointment to sit down and discuss it.

Albritton Law Firm | 23 Harrison Avenue | Panama City, FL 32401 | Phone: | (850)215-0200