There’s two basic types of proceedings that a landlord can bring against you, which one is the non-payment of rent and the other one is a holdover proceeding. The non-payment of rent proceeding deals only with money. The holdover proceeding deals with a breech of the lease. Let’s say you had a pet. You weren’t allowed to have a pet. The landlord can commence a holdover proceeding to get you out of the apartment. It has nothing to do with rent.

Got additional questions or need Legal Advice in Panama City, Florida?

If you have a legal issue and would like to speak with Attorney Albritton or one of the firm’s other trial lawyers, contact us today to schedule an appointment to sit down and discuss it.

Albritton Law Firm | 23 Harrison Avenue | Panama City, FL 32401 | Phone: | (850)215-0200