Until your rights are terminated by DCF or the state or the court over that proceeding you still have the right to place your child for adoption within an appropriate home. You can go and hire an attorney as an intervener or an adoption agency. You can go through that as well and go through a private adoption process rather than handing the child, agreeing to the termination through the dependency proceeding or taking that to trial there. This is best used if you have maybe a relative or a friend that is willing to adopt the child. You have a little bit more say in that private adoption then you would in the dependency case itself.

Got additional questions or need Legal Advice in Panama City, Florida?

If you have a legal issue and would like to speak with Attorney Albritton or one of the firm’s other trial lawyers, contact us today to schedule an appointment to sit down and discuss it.

Albritton Law Firm | 23 Harrison Avenue | Panama City, FL 32401 | Phone: | (850)215-0200